50,004 words, roughly 225 pages!
So– in honor of this momentous occasion. I would like to list the ten things I’ve learned about this most awesome of contests.
1. I can write faster than I thought.
2. I use the word, “had” a lot– need to nip that one in the bud (butt?) though.
3. I like action and dialogue the most. You will find nae a description in this draft.
4. One can survive on 4 hours of sleep and a 40 an hour week job.
5. I’ve learned how to pad words and dialogue to make it stretch out. (not necessarily a good thing, but came in handy this time.)
6. I am able to write every day, even if it’s with words I wouldn’t wipe my butt with.
7. The writing community has some of the nicest people in it. I got a lot of encouragement every step of the way :o)
8. Editing is a great thing and my story needs a lot of it!
9. Music helps me write better and Genius on itunes is well– genius.
10. I am a writer. I will try my darnedest to make this work!
I’ve probably learned a lot more, but that’s the just of it. So– how did you all fellow NaNoers fare? Did ya learn anything valuable? And for those that did not participate– how is your WIP going?
This blog has gained a few followers these past couple weeks. Just wanted to give a– what’s up to the newbies. Also a big thanks to the regulars, semi-regulars and the visitors for stickin’ with me. Glad you’re here.
Have a great Sunday everyone!