NaNo Gonna Stop!
I hope you are all doing great!
I know it has been a while since I posted, but I’ve been writing!! I know, crazy right? Last night I just passed 20K in my NaNo novel! At least one of my buddies on NaNo has already won! I hope all you NaNoWriMos are getting lots of fabulous words!
I’ve learned a few things already this year during NaNo! So, I thought I’d share ;o)
- Word Wars (#NaNoWordWars on twitter) are da bomb and I wouldn’t be nearly as far without them. Which leads me to….
- Twitter and Facebook. I have some fantastic friends and they are the best cheering team! In fact, all the NaNo participants/non-NaNo tweeps on twitter and facebook have been highly encouraging!
- I like the word, “was,” and the word “look,” and the characters’ eyes. *sigh* that’s what revisions for, eh?
- My outline is more of a suggestion than anything and when it comes down to it, I write what I feel at the moment. I’ve used a little of what’s in the outline, but this story has taken its own path ;o)
- iTunes rocks
- I like bad 80’s movies running in the background when I write. Every once in a while I can look up and laugh.
- SCRIVENER is the BEST thing for my writing EVER. I just downloaded 2.0 and I love it!
- I love the friendship and networking that NaNo brings! I just met Melanie from Hoosblog for the first time and we had a great time at the local Write-In and we’re meeting again next Saturday!
So. How are you all doing? If you’re not NaNoing, how’s the writing coming along?
Hope you have a wonderful week ;o)