Hi Everyone,

Whew! That was CRAZY!

I hope you had a great time reading the awesome entries for the After the Madness Workshop! If you didn’t get a chance to, make sure to check out the other fantabulous blogs involved in the workshop, Brenda DrakeYAtopia, and Shelley Watters.

I wanted to take the time to thank each writer that entered the workshop and graciously let us critique their first 250 words! Also, all the people that stopped by and commented, critiqued, and the lurkers who popped by to see what was going on… THANK YOU ALL!

It was an amazing experience. I learned a lot! I hope you did too. I want you to know that I read and enjoyed every entry I posted on this blog. I know I was rough, and showed some tough love to a lot of you, but it is because I believe in you and KNOW you will do great things with your writing. You have it in you! Of course, I’m no expert and I’m just giving my opinion, so remember to only change what you– in your gut– believe is necessary to make your story better.

I hope you all learned as much as I did from this workshop. I’m so glad I got to share duties with the awesome Brenda Drake, the fantastic writers of YAtopiaand the super Shelley Watters

What did you think of the workshop? Was it helpful to you as a writer? As a reader?

Enjoy your Tuesday!!

<3 Erica

10 Responses to “”

1. MonicaSanz says:

I would participate in this workshop again in a heartbeat! The feedback was phenomenal. The remarks I received were on things that will not only improve my first 250 words, but the book as a whole. I loved it. Good luck to all who participated! Thanks again, Erica. Happy Tuesday to you as well 🙂

2. Ryan says:

It was very fun to be part of this great event. Helpful to get your own work looked at with actual constructive advise. Not only that but it was fun to read all the other styles of the other writers and the feedback they received. Thanks so much.

3. Amber says:

I enjoyed this very much. Thank you for doing this for us.

4. Thanks for giving up some of your free time to help us all! I have crit partners that work on our entire books together, but it’s nice to have someone with no preconceptions look at it too.

5. SueJay says:

I think it was great. It’s helpful not only to receive feedback on my own writing but to see how others’ writing can be improved. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this with us, Erica!

6. Erica, thanks for doing this! I know it was a ton of work, and it is much appreciated!

7. Kelley says:

Thank you SO MUCH for doing this. I love getting feedback and helping others.

8. I’m so glad you all enjoyed it!! Thank you so much for your kind words ;o) <3

9. Julia K says:

Thanks so much Erica!! Your feedback so helpful 🙂

10. Thank you for all your hard work, Erica! We have such a wonderful community of writers. It’s a joy to help in anyway we can! <3